As with any other type of unexpected situation, a dental emergency can happen anywhere and to any person. It may be a trip-and-fall circumstance due to uneven pavement or a wet floor, or a person may have an infection that suddenly turns into an abscess. Whatever the reason for the dental emergency, you must find an experienced Tarpon Springs, FL, emergency dental clinic to care for your dental health.
At Tarpon Dental, our emergency dentist and her team have the knowledge, skills, and experience to provide the emergency dental care you need and the most pleasant experience possible. Our top priority in Tarpon Springs, FL, is your dental health, so we take urgent dental care very seriously at our dental clinic.
What Is Considered a Dental Emergency?
Although dental emergencies happen in a wide variety of circumstances, some common situations may create a need for you to seek out the services of an emergency dentist in the Tarpon Springs, FL, area. These kinds of incidents include the following:
- Cracked or broken tooth
- Knocked-out tooth or lost teeth
- Toothaches (long-lasting or chronic tooth pain) or abscesses
- Objects lodged or stuck in the tooth or gum
- Swollen or bitten tongue, gums, or lips
- Severe bleeding of the lips, gum tissue, or tongue
- Broken dentures
- Loose or broken orthodontic brackets, bands, or wires
- Swollen or irritated wisdom teeth
If you are experiencing these or any other types of serious dental emergencies, contact our Tarpon Springs emergency dentist at Tarpon Dental.
Emergency Dental Services in Tarpon Springs, FL
Depending on the situation you are dealing with, the emergency dental care that we can provide at Tarpon Dental will vary. Emergency dentists are well equipped and trained to handle various dental issues. Our dental office is happy to provide you with skilled emergency dentistry to help you resolve your urgent dental care needs.
Whether you have dental coverage in your insurance or need financing options, our dental office at Tarpon Dental is here to help with all of our services. Our emergency dentist in Tarpon Springs, FL, can provide many different emergency options when you need to see an urgent care dentist immediately. These include:
- Root canal
- Emergency tooth extraction
- Crown or bridge repair
- Orthodontic dental repair
- Jaw alignment
- Denture repair
- Abscess care
- Broken, loose, or chipped tooth repair
- Wisdom teeth extraction
Whenever you need emergency dental services in Tarpon Springs, FL, or its surrounding areas, our emergency dentist, Dr. Seema Amin, is available to help you achieve your dental goals even after a serious accident or issue.
How to Handle Dental Emergencies
No matter what type of emergency may be happening, people tend to panic or worry about the issue that has arisen. In situations where your oral health is involved, the feeling of panic tends to be heightened. Regardless of what has happened, it is important to follow a few important steps to make your way to emergency dentists in the Tarpon Springs, FL, area.
Here are some critical steps to take after a serious dental emergency has occurred:
- Try not to panic: This is good advice for any emergency because panicking will lead to further problems. If you can remain calm and collected, you are less likely to forget something or cause further damage to your mouth.
- Contact an emergency dentist quickly: The sooner you can locate and contact the best emergency dentist in Tarpon Springs, FL, has to offer, the quicker you will be able to have your teeth repaired. If you already have a dental office in Tarpon Springs, your tooth injury can be handled even more rapidly. Have the number of our emergency dentist at Tarpon Dental ready if and when you need it.
- Keep track of any fragments of tooth pieces: When the situation you are dealing with has to do with broken or chipped teeth, it is important to preserve the pieces if you can find them. Your oral surgeon may need those pieces to help rebuild your teeth and preserve your jaw. Our team at Tarpon Dental is highly skilled at implant dentistry and other cosmetic procedures.
- Use necessary preservation techniques: Following an accident, you will need to take care of your teeth, gum tissue, and other oral components as you make your way to our Tarpon Springs office. We recommend using an ice pack/ cold compress and pain relievers to reduce swelling and pain.
- Have a family member or friend by your side: When dealing with an emergency, it is important to have some moral support by your side. If possible, bring a family member or friend with you to our Tarpon Springs, FL, dental office to hold your hand, listen to the doctor as she provides you the dental care information you need, and any other kind of support you may require.
As long as you can follow these necessary steps following a serious emergency, your overall oral health will greatly benefit you, and you will get back to your normal life quickly.
Contact Our Emergency Dentist in Tarpon Springs, FL
When you have suffered a dental emergency and are experiencing pain, you must remain as calm as possible and get yourself to our Tarpon Springs, FL, dental office at Tarpon Dental. From a broken tooth to painful swelling caused by a wisdom tooth or any other kind of dental problem you may have, contact the best emergency dentist in Tarpon Springs, FL.
We treat our patients like our family because we truly care about our patients and their dental health. At Tarpon Dental, our dental team can offer you a same-day appointment so that you can receive treatment as soon as possible. With an immediate appointment, you can rest assured that the level of patient care you receive is of the highest quality.
Contact us today for all of your emergency or general dentistry needs.