One of the most fantastic features of your face is your smile, and many people get a severe boost of confidence from a great smile. However, your self-esteem can be significantly reduced if a significant imperfection in your smile, such as a missing tooth. Thankfully, modern advances in cosmetic dentistry have provided a fantastic solution to this problem through dental implants.
Dental implants are one of the best options when a patient is looking for a solution for the issues that come with missing teeth that are as close to their natural teeth as possible. Implant dentistry has come a long way, and getting partial or complete arch dental implants is a permanent solution sure to please our patients.
At Tarpon Dental, our restorative dentistry expert in Tarpon Springs, FL, Dr. Seema Amin, has the experience and training to achieve high dental implant success rates and thoroughly explain the dental implant process to you before the procedure. Dental implants may be the best option when you want a solution to replace missing teeth that look and feel like your natural teeth.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are the oral health solution for missing one or multiple teeth. Our family dentist in Tarpon Springs, FL, highly recommends them because they are permanent and can last a lifetime when properly cared for.
A dental implant has three primary components: the titanium screw that is surgically implanted into your jawbone. The customized crown is placed on top of the post, and the abutment keeps the two attached securely. Because the titanium post will take the place of your natural tooth roots, you can rest assured that your dental implants will not become loose or move as long as you provide them with the proper care and hygiene.
Types of Dental Implants in Tarpon Spring, Florida
At Tarpon Dental, we offer three types of dental implants, depending on your oral health and tooth loss situation:
- Single tooth replacement: If you are only missing one tooth, the single tooth replacement option with individual dental implants may be right for you. The implant will replace the missing tooth and does not affect the health of the neighboring teeth in the same way that a bridge would.
- Full or hybrid dentures: You may need dentures if you have lost multiple teeth. Rather than rely on removable appliances, which can cause discomfort and embarrassment, especially while eating, implant-supported dentures can be a better option. At Tarpon Dental, we can implant as few as two anchors, supporting your fixed denture and giving you high quality of life with replacement teeth and better oral health.
- All-on-4 technique: With revolutionized dentistry, we can now use an all-on-4 approach that places 4 to 6 implants per arch to support a fabricated bridge. This bridge is then permanently implanted, which can sometimes be done in the same appointment.
Dr. Seema Amin will examine your dental situation and determine if dental implants are right for you and the type that would work best.
Benefits of Getting Dental Implants to Replace Missing Teeth
At Tarpon Dental, our oral health team is well-versed in various dental problems, including the issues associated with missing teeth. Our general dentist in Tarpon Springs, FL, recommends dental implants for tooth replacement needs, and we are happy to discuss the procedure’s many benefits.
These benefits include:
- Implants help to prevent bone loss and deterioration after tooth loss
- Implants are permanent with no chance of slipping or falling out
- Implants look and feel like natural teeth once they have become secured into the jawbone
- Implants help to maintain the shape of your face since the supporting bone will begin to deteriorate after tooth loss
Dental implants in Tarpon Springs may be an option for you when dealing with missing multiple teeth or a single tooth.
Contact Our Dentist in Tarpon Springs, FL, to Discuss Dental Implants and Implant Supported Dentures
If you have missing teeth and are trying to find the best solution to preserve the look of your face and the strength of your other teeth, you may want to consider dental implants. At Tarpon Dental, our best family dentist in Tarpon Springs is here to examine your dental health situation and determine the best option. Our dentist also provides dental services in Palm Harbor, Holiday, New Port Richey, Odessa, Oldsmar, and Trinity, FL.
Call today at (727) 332-0930 to make an appointment with Dr. Seema Amin!